3rd Workshop on Legal Informatics and Legal Information Technology (LIT 2010)
in conjunction with
13th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2010)
Download TXT version of this CfP
May 3, 2010 (CHANGED !!!)
Deadline for submissions: March 2 (11:59pm CET), 2010 (EXTENDED)
The success of last year Legal Informatics and Legal Information Technology Poznan workshop encourage us to organize the next one. The LIT2010 event will take place in Berlin as part of the 13th International Conference on Business Information Systems. The LIT Workshop therefore becomes an annual meeting and gathers people interested in broadly understood Legal Informatics and its applications. Next year we decided to invite people dealing with insurance to show its close relation to legal and information technology domains. In 2009 we published all accepted papers in Springer Series: Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing. We are planning to sustain the cooperation with the publisher. Hence there is a need for forums that discuss new research and innovative applications in Law, Information Technology as well as Insurance. The workshop is receptive to all papers dealing with any topic in these interdisciplinary domains on the verge of Law and Technology.
We are delighted to announce that Tom Gordon has accepted our invitation to give keynote at the workshop. Visit Tom Gordon’s web page to find out more.
Click [here] for the detialed programme.
- Information extraction & categorization of legal documents
- Computational models for legal reasoning
- Information Technology & Dispute Resolution
- Information Technology & Crime Prevention
- Knowledge Discovery & Data Mining in Law
- Knowledge management in the legal domain
- Legal argumentation
- Legal aspects of IT
- Legal discourse modeling and legal reasoning
- Legal electronic agents
- Legal Expert Systems
- Legal ontologies - creation, use & lifecycles
- Legal reasoning and its computer representation
- Natural language processing in law
- Alternative & online Dispute Resolution
- Question answering retrieval for law and governmental services
- Risk management & trust in law
- Semantic Web technologies in law and e-government
- Semantic indexing of legal documents
- Specific legal domains appliances (systems in civil, tax, commercial, insurance law)
- Specialized knowledge representation and logics for law
- Text mining and knowledge extraction in law
- Validation of legal knowledge
- Long papers: max. 12 pages
- Work-in-progress reports: max. 6 pages
Papers must be submitted in PDF format according to Springer LNBIP template available from http://www.springer.com/series/7911.
Submission system is available at http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lit2010.
Papers approved for presentation at LIT 2010 will be published in BIS 2010 workshop post-conference proceedings, as a volume in Springer's Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP) series. The volume will be edited by Witold Abramowicz. BIS 2010 Workshops proceedings will be distributed to BIS 2010 participants in August 2010 by regular mail.
All authors of accepted papers as well as other participants will be asked to read accepted papers abstracts before the workshop (papers will be available on-line in advance) to facilitate discussion.
Workshop participants will be also invited to take part in the BIS conference and other BIS workshops.
- March 2 (11:59pm CET), 2010 (EXTENDED) - submission deadline for papers
- March 30, 2010 (NEW DATE) - notification of acceptance/rejection
- April 12, 2010 (NEW DATE) - submission of final papers
- May 3, 2010 (CHANGED !!!) - the workshop
- Piotr Stolarski
- Tadeusz Tomaszewski
- John Zeleznikow
- Emilia Bellucci, Victoria University, Australia
- Daniele Bourcier, CNRS-CERSA, Germany
- Zdzisław Brodecki, University of Gdańsk, Poland
- Tania Cristina D'Agostini Bueno, Presidente da Diretoria Executiva IJURIS, Brasil
- Arno Lodder, Free University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Rafal Morek, University of Warsaw, Poland
- Marta Poblet, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
- Erich Schweighofer, University of Vienna, Austria, Austria
- Piotr Stolarski, Poznan University of Economics, Poland
- Andrew Stranieri, University of Ballarat, Australia
- Tadeusz Szumlicz, Szkoła Główna Handlowa w Warszawie, Poland
- Tadeusz Tomaszewski, Poznan University of Economics, Poland
- John Zeleznikow, Victoria University, Australia
13th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2010), Berlin, Germany 3-5 May 2010
Department of Information Systems, Poznan University of Economics, al. Niepodleglosci 10, 60-967 Poznan, Poland
phone: +48618543632 , fax: +48618543633 , Web: http://bis.kie.ue.poznan.pl/
Local Organisation: is-research GmbH an der Freien Universität Berlin, Bismarckstrasse 18, 14109 Berlin, Germany
email: email@example.com , fax: +493083875220 , web: http://www.is-research.de/