Call for workshops
Topics of interest | Workshop organization | Workshop proceedings | Important dates | Submission guidelines
18th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS 2015) will be held in Poznań, Poland, June 24-26, 2015.
BIS is currently one of top European conferences in the areas of theory and practice of development and implementation of contemporary business information systems. More information on current and previous editions of BIS conference is accessible at BIS Web site at http://bis.kie.ue.poznan.pl/.
Topics of interests
The BIS 2015 Program Committee invites proposals for the workshops and events to be held back-to-back and during the conference.
BIS 2015 workshops and events should be related to:
- specific aspects of business information systems modelling, implementation and usage, especially mobile business applications, or
- specific issues related to business information systems helping enterprises to take advantages of internet of services and internet of things, including service orientation, service front-ends as the interface to users and communities, virtualisation of resources, etc.
Organization of the workshops and events (including participants registration, website creation and partial advertising of call for papers) will be supported by BIS team, allowing workshop organizers to focus on scientific aspects of the event (review and selection of papers, division of presentations into sessions).
- Nov 30, 2014 – submission deadline for workshop proposals
- decisions on acceptance or rejection of proposed workshop will be taken and announced to workshop organizers within two weeks from deadline.
Each submission of proposed workshop (max three A4 pages in PDF format) should describe:
- title of the workshop
- short description of the workshop and its goals
- proposed format (e.g., workshop, tutorial, panel, etc.)
- initial list of topics
- preliminary program committee with specified chair(s)
- description of workshop/event history (if proposed event is a following edition of already existing event) including statistics of previous edition(s)
- previous experience of workshop chair(s) in organizing similar events
- preliminary forecast on possible number of submissions and accepted papers
Any information on possible workshop publicity is also welcome.
Submissions should be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org