8th Workshop on Applications of Knowledge-Based Technologies in Business (AKTB 2016)
The AKTB2016 is the 8th workshop organised in conjunction with BIS series conferences. It pursues to engage researchers and practitioners, specialists and market analysts to share their research experiences and domain knowledge in application of contemporary computational intelligence methods for modelling and implementation of business information systems. We invite papers which provide advanced services for the information systems users, propose innovative solutions for Smart Business and process modelling, especially targeting Big Data issues.
Topics of interest
- Artificial intelligence for big data
- Business process and information requirements analysis
- Advanced knowledge-based business information systems
- Advanced research and case studies of application computational methods in banking, insurance and credit risk evaluation, company rating systems
- Computational intelligence for business (artificial neural networks, fuzzy systems, expert systems)
- Decision support systems in business enterprises, financial institutions and e-management
- Knowledge-based models of data mining in business
- Agent-based and embedded systems in business applications
- Information systems in e-business, e-banking and marketing
- Advanced computational approaches to portfolio optimization and selection
- Analysis of financial time series
- Estimations, modelling, algorithms of application of investment strategies in financial markets
- Long papers: max. 12 pages
- Work-in-progress reports: max. 6 pages
- Demo papers: max. 4 pages
Each paper submitted to BIS workshop will be reviewed by at least two Referees.
At least one author of each paper needs to register for the conference for the paper to be included in proceedings.
Workshop registration entitles to participate in the conference, as well as in all workshops and tutorials held in conjunction with it.
Papers must be submitted in PDF format according to Springer LNBIP template.
Submission system is available at EasyChair.
Papers approved for presentation at AKTB 2016 will be published in BIS 2016 workshop post-conference proceedings, as a volume in Springer’s Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP) series. BIS 2016 Workshops proceedings will be distributed to workshop participants in November 2016 by regular mail.
Workshop papers will be made available in electronic form by the BIS organizers to all workshop participants (and only to them) directly before the conference.
- Submission deadline: May 22, 2016
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: Jun 6, 2016
- Submission of final papers: Jun 12, 2016
- Workshop: Jul 6-8, 2016
Organizers and Chairs
Vilnius University, Department of Informatics
- Dalia Kriksciuniene
- Virgilijus Sakalauskas
- Lia Bassa, Foundation for Information Society, Hungary
- Tânia Bueno, Instituto de Governo Eletrônico, Brasil
- Mario Hernandez, University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
- Daning Hu, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Ferenc Kiss, Foundation for Information Society, Hungary
- Irene Krebs, University of Technology Cottbus, Germany
- Dalia Kriksciuniene, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Audrius Lopata, Vilnius university, Lithuania
- Dhrupad Mathur, Director(IIP). SPJCM, United Arab Emirates
- Elpiniki I. Papageorgiou, Technological Educational Institute of Central Greece
- Laima Papreckiene, Kaunas Technological University, Lithuania
- Saulius Masteika, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Justyna Patalas-Maliszewska, University of Zielona Góra, Poland
- Tomas Pitner, Masaryk University, Czech Republik
- Jose Raul Romero, University of Córdoba, Spain
- Vytautas Rudzionis, Vilnius university, Lithuania
- Virgilijus Sakalauskas, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Leonard Walletzky, Masaryk University, Czech Republik
- Darijus Strasunskas, NTNU, Norway
- Margaret Tan, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Sebastián Ventura, Cordoba University, Spain
- Danuta Zakrzewska, Technical University, Lodz, Poland
- María Dolores Suárez, SIANI, Spain
- Dumitru Dan Burdescu, Universitatea din Craiova, Romania